An Oropesa is a streamlined towed body used in the process of minesweeping. The role of the Oropesa is to keep the towed sweep at a determined depth and position from the sweeping ship. Oropesa are standard devices used on Avenger-class mine countermeasures ships.
- minesweepers.org.uk The 'Art' of Minesweeping, May 2013,
- HMAS Castlemaine, minesweeper
- Dinburgh model boat club, WW2 mine sweeping, by Iain Moffatt, 1st July 2005
- The Friends of the Canadian War Museum, Minesweeping, by Capt (N) (Ret’d) M. Braha
- AN/SLQ-38 Federation of American Scientists, Standard Mechanical Minesweep
- History of United States Naval Operations in World War II, page 114, By Samuel Eliot Morison
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oropesa (minesweeping).|