17 September 1987
Cristina Pararoiu (born 17 September 1987) is a Romanian operatic soprano who has performed leading roles at major European opera houses, with a focus on French repertoire such as Bizet's Micaëla, Massenet's Manon and Gounod's Juliette.
Born Cristina-Antoaneta Păsăroiu in Bucharest, she began voice training at age twelve. She continued her studies at the Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi in Milan and at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna.
She made her debut at the Teatro Comunale di Bologna as Magda in Puccini's La rondine. She appeared as Mimi in his La Bohème and as Micaëla in Bizet's Carmen, conducted by Michele Mariotti, at age 21.
Among her roles are also Musetta in La Bohème, Desdemona in Verdi's Otello, Fiordiligi in Mozart's Così fan tutte, Sylva in Emmerich Kálmán's Die Csárdásfürstin and the title role of Cilea's Adriana Lecouvreur. She is focused on French repertoire, such as Léïla in Bizet's Les pêcheurs de perles, Antonia in Offenbach's Les Contes d'Hoffmann, the title role of Massenet's Manon, Marguerite in Gounod's Faust and Juliette in his Roméo et Juliette. She appeared in the title role of Fromental Halévy's La Juive alongside Neil Shicoff, conducted by Frédéric Chaslin, at the Opéra de Nice. She also performed at the Frankfurt Opera, the Theater St. Gallen, the Liceu in Barcelona, at the Vlaamse Oper in Antwerp and Ghent, and at the Caracalla Festival of the Rome Opera.
In 2016, she appeared as Valentine in Meyerbeer's Les Huguenots, as Micaëla in her debut at the Vienna State Opera, and as Violetta in Verdi's La Traviata at the Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden. She appeared there as Manon in 2017, singing and acting although she had broken her foot in a rehearsal and had to wear boots even in bed with her lover.
- "Cristina Pasaroiu". Aalto Theatre. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Cristina Pasaroiu / Soprano". Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- cristina-pasaroiu.com, Biografie Cristina Pasaroiu
- Uske, Bernhard (31 October 2017). ""Manon" in Wiesbaden / Starke kranke Frau". Frankfurter Rundschau (in German). Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Die Sopranistin Cristina Pasaroiu ist in Wiesbaden trotz Fuß-Verletzung eine springlebendige Manon". echo-online.de (in German). 2 December 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Official website
- Cristina Antoaneta Pasaroiu on YouTube
- Cristina Pasaroiu, Soprano operavladarski.com
- Manon: Ein emotionaler Opernabend im Hessischen Staatstheater Wiesbaden analogo.de 26 November 2017