Jump to navigationJump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1408 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1408 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2161|
|Balinese saka calendar||1329–1330|
|English Regnal year||9 Hen. 4 – 10 Hen. 4|
|Chinese calendar||丁亥年 (Fire Pig)|
4104 or 4044
— to —
戊子年 (Earth Rat)
4105 or 4045
|- Vikram Samvat||1464–1465|
|- Shaka Samvat||1329–1330|
|- Kali Yuga||4508–4509|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 15|
|Minguo calendar||504 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1950–1951|
1534 or 1153 or 381
— to —
1535 or 1154 or 382
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1408.|
- February 19 – Battle of Bramham Moor: A royalist army defeats the last remnants of the Percy Rebellion.
- September – Henry, Prince of Wales (later Henry V of England) retakes Aberystwyth from Owain Glyndŵr.
- September 16 – Thorstein Olafssøn marries Sigrid Bjørnsdatter in Hvalsey Church, in the last recorded event of the Norse history of Greenland.
- December 5 – Emir Edigu of Golden Horde reaches Moscow.
- December 13 – The Order of the Dragon is founded under King Sigismund of Hungary.
- The Moldavian town of Iaşi is first mentioned.
- The Yongle Encyclopedia is completed.
- Gotland passes under Danish rule.
- Zheng He delivers 300 virgins from Korea to the Chinese emperor.
- Mihail I becomes co-ruler of Wallachia, with his father Mircea cel Bătrân.
- January 25 – Katharina of Hanau, German countess regent (d. 1460)
- February 14 – John FitzAlan, 14th Earl of Arundel (d. 1435)
- March 25 – Agnes of Baden, Countess of Holstein-Rendsburg, German noble (d. 1473)
- April 8 – Jadwiga of Lithuania, Polish princess (d. 1431)
- April 23 – John de Vere, 12th Earl of Oxford, English noble (d. 1462)
- May 22 – Annamacharya, Indian mystic saint composer (d. 1503)
- October 1 or 1409 – Karl Knutsson, King of Sweden (d. 1470)
- date unknown – John FitzAlan, 14th Earl of Arundel (d. 1435)
- February 19 – Thomas Bardolf, 5th Baron Bardolf, English rebel (in battle)
- February 20 – Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland, English rebel (in battle) (b. 1342)
- April – Miran Shah, son of Timur the Lame (b. 1366)
- April 10 or April 11 – Elizabeth le Despenser, English noblewoman
- May 24 – Taejo of Joseon, ruler of Korea (b. 1335)
- May 31 – Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, Japanese shōgun (b. 1358)
- September 15 – Edmund Holland, 4th Earl of Kent (b. 1384)
- September 22 – John VII Palaiologos, Byzantine Emperor (b. 1370)
- December 4 – Valentina Visconti, Duchess of Orléans by marriage to Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans
- date unknown – Coptic Pope Matthew I of Alexandria